As per the recent announcement from ITS, effective June 16, 2022, the Queens College Google Suite for Education (Google Classroom) will no longer be available.
There are a few ways to migrate your G Suite content. Please note that Google Forms will not be converted to Microsoft Forms. You’ll have to create new forms. Google Classroom structure, assignment text, and announcements will not be converted. However, files linked from or attached to assignments and announcements will be converted if they currently reside on your G Suite Drive.Copy your Google Content to OneDrive using Mover.io
This method will not compress your files and will only copy content that you own.
To copy your Google content to your CUNY OneDrive account, follow the steps at Migrate G Suite Content Using Mover.io. The copying process takes place completely online, so once the process is started, you can close your browser window.
This method will compress your files and will only copy content that you own.
1. Log in to your QC G suite and CUNY Dropbox accounts.
2. Go to https://takeout.google.com/ to start the backup process.
3. Select only the data you wish to back up. It will speed up the process and the final archive file will be smaller. Takeout will only back up the content that you own, so make sure that you are the owner of all the files you’ve selected.
4. Once you’ve selected the data you want to back up, choose zip under the type of archive file you want to save it as.
5. Under Choose file type, frequency & destination > Delivery method, select Add to Dropbox.
This video tutorial will walk you through the steps: https://youtu.be/iRD8s9cyp44
This method will compress your files.
1. From a list in your G Suite Drive, click on the arrow next to the name of the folder or file you want to migrate.
2. Click on Download. A zip file will download to your computer. Google Docs, Sheets, and slides will automatically be converted to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files. Google Forms will not be converted. You’ll need to save them as PDFs before downloading them then recreate them in Office 365 using Microsoft Forms.
3. To extract the files, double-click on the zip file on your computer before uploading it to Dropbox or OneDrive. Detailed instructions are at https://youtu.be/do3u3tXAbWQ?t=36
4. Upload the contents to your CUNY Dropbox account
This method will not compress your files.
This method works best if all or most of your files are not organized in folders. Moving folders to Shared Drives is not possible at this time.
1. Create a Shared Drive in your QC Google account.
2. Add your Gmail account as a Manager.
3. Move all your QC Google account files to this Shared Drive.
4. Switch to your Gmail account.
5. Move all the content from the Shared Drive to the Gmail’s “My Drive.”
6. When you see this message: “Ownership will transfer from Queens College, CUNY to you. Everyone who can see [Drive name] will lose access to these items unless these items are shared directly with them,” click on “Move.”
Keep in mind:
• You can only move content that you own.
• Your personal Google account is not FERPA-compliant, so don’t use this method with any content that contains any PII.
This video tutorial will walk you through the steps of properly migrating your G-Suite Account:https://youtu.be/iRD8s9cyp44.