This archive contains teaching evaluations data collected at Queens College from spring 2001 through fall 2009.
The data presented on this page were collected using the same questionnaire, administered on paper from 2000 through spring 2008 and online from fall 2008 through fall 2009.Instructions
- The data can be filtered by semester and division using checkboxes, by department or discipline using the pull-down menus, and by instructor or course number by typing in a name or a course. (Instructor names are in the database as “Lastname, Firstname”: if you are having trouble finding an instructor, try searching by last name only.)
- After filtering, export the displayed data by clicking on the Download button in the bottom right. Choose “Crosstab” to generate a CSV (comma-separated values) file with numbers that can be copied and pasted directly into the table in the CV document.
- Start over using the Reset button (bottom left).
Rating scale for sections A-D: 1=Strongly disagree, 5=Strongly agree, 6 = Not applicable (“Not applicable” responses were excluded in computing means)
- 01 – The instructor clearly presented course requirements and objectives early in the semester
- 02 – The instructor’s presentations were clear.
- 03 – The instructor’s command of spoken English is good.
- 04 – The instructor is enthusiastic about the course material.
B. Exams, Assignments and Grading
- 05 – The instructor made it clear what the exams would cover.
- 06 – The instructor provides useful comments on assignments and exams.
- 07 – The instructor returns assignments/exams within a reasonable time.
- 08 – Reading assignments were valuable.
- 09 – Other assignments (e.g., written, oral, artistic) were valuable.
C. Faculty Interaction with Students
- 10 – The instructor is respectful of students.
- 11 – The instructor is concerned about students’ progress.
- 12 – The instructor is available outside of class.
- 13 – The instructor encourages students to ask and answer questions.
- 14 – I learned a great deal in this course.
- 15 – I enjoyed the course.
E. Course Information
- 16 – How difficult was the course? (1=Not at all difficult, 5 = Extremely difficult)
- 17 – The pace at which the instructor covered the material was: 1 = Too slow, 2 = Somewhat slow, 3 = Just about right, 4 = Somewhat fast, 5 = Too fast
- 18 – The work load for this course was: 1 = Very light, 2 = Light, 3 = Moderate, 4 = Heavy, 5 = Very heavy
F. Background Information
- 19 – Is this course required for your major or minor? 1 = Yes, 2 = No
- 20 – What is your class level? 1 = Freshman, 2 = Sophomore, 3 = Junior, 4 = Senior, 5 = Graduatte/Certificate Program Student, 6 = Non-Degree
- 21 – What grade do you anticipate receiving in this course? 1 = A, 2 = B, 3 = C, 4 = D, 5 = P, 6 = NC/F, 7 = INC, 8 = Other
- 22 – What is your current Grade Point Average? 1 = Less than 2.0, 2 = 2.0-2.49, 3 = 2.5-2.99, 4 = 3.0-3.49, 5 = 3.5 or above
- 23 – Please explain why you would or would not recommend this instructor to a friend.
- 24 – What did you like the most about this class?
- 25 – What, if anything, could the instructor have done to improve the class?